23 August 2009
Things that caught my attention:
- Lots of dinged guys. Nothing that is going to cause a change in the depth chart but this is a young team that needs as many reps as possible. I hate seeing all those practice reps lost more with a young squad.
- Jordan Hall is running at running back, and looking impressive. Had a 26 yard run and was catching the ball.
- We were throwing the ball to the backs. We were throwing screens. A friend who has access and can get down to practice now and again cautioned that he has seen passes to the tight ends as well as the back in practice but they don't seem to make it into the gameday plan. I still like hearing that we are working on the underneath stuff. I think it makes us very hard to defend when the LBs can't drop as deep.
- Andre Amos looks to be the first corner on the field but we will see plenty of Torrence too. Amos was never the most physical kid but that was always a strength for Torrence. Look for situational substituting.
- Rocco Pentello had a touchdown simulating the Navy option quarterback. I still think he should be moved back to quarterback. He is buried at safety and could provide emergency depth at quarterback.
- It looks like the backup LBs will be Sabino at the Sam and Homan at the Will. Sabino had 5 tackles.
|< Prev||Next >|